Monday, August 1, 2011

Churches in LA! Find yourself a home :)

Now I have visited several churches...I'm talking at least 15 in LA. See I'm picky about everything, even what church I go to (which you should be). It has been an experience: Pastors forgetting to announce what verse they were reading from, Churches with 10 members trying to get me to join, and empty feel good messages. Sooo here are the 3 that have for me personally been an awesome experience:

Reality LA: 1309 N. Wilton Pl., Los Angeles, CA 90028

The churches make-up is majority white which if you're not use to can be an experience in itself. With that said Tim Chaddick's messages are extremely knowledgeable and have spoken to my own life.

Check them out: http://realityla.com/

Ever Increasing Faith Ministries: 7901 S. Vermont Avenue, Los Angeles, CA 90044

This was the first church in LA that I felt really was teaching the Word. Pastor Price Jr. & Apostle Price are amazing and their family is such a inspiration! I personally didn't agree with some of the things in the message because it conflicted with what I was taught in my Texas church home but I still learned so much from them. (trust I wouldn't mention them if I didn't like them).

Check them out: http://www.faithdome.org/

NOW MY AWESOME CHURCH HOME!!!

H.O.P.E. 's House Christian Ministries: 10654 Balboa Blvd., Granada Hills, CA 91344 -6385

From the very first day I was hooked and haven't visited another church since. Husband & wife team, Pastors Charles and Andrea Humphrey just 'keep it real'. They are there to develop you as a Christian and teach you the Word which means no sugar coating. I need to stop playing and become a member already... Y'all don't understand I'm shy and the day I was going to join my roommate joined and I didn't want to co-sign...smh

Check them out: www.hopeshouse.com

If you ever need a ride, I got you!! Black girl mafia...yeah, I said it.

Feel free to post your own church recommendations :)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Hope's House! God is def. in that place. It's awesome for young believers who need to find other believers- cause Hollywood just ain't gonna cut it. I totally recommend checking it out!

    ReplyDelete