Monday, August 1, 2011

Los Angeles Hair Salon Finds :)

At the moment, I have my hair natural but before that I was relaxed. I loved my hair both ways and luckily I have found some people in LA who can actually take care of it for a reasonable price. My first recommendation is for the relaxed girls:

Salon Pure: 117 E. 6th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90014, 213.624.7873

Read my first review of the Salon:

6/5/2009
Loved this place. I am a African American / Black female and it has been hard to find someone who A. Doesn't use extreme heat on my hair B. Has a cool personality and C. Knows how to style and have your hair looking and feeling awesomely soft. I was a little skeptical because I've only had African American stylist do my hair but my nerves were soon put to rest. Sirene was my hairstylist and she was awesome. She has done my hair twice and both times I've had awesome results. I got it styled straight on my first visit and on the second visit she did fun wild curls all over for my graduation. The price is right (Under $60), the service is great and I know she is making sure my hair isn't being abused just so it looks good. I recommend her to anyone and especially black females who like me struggle to find someone who doesn't use a hot stove and extreme heat on hair which a lot of LA stylist do. Go and judge for yourself! Sirene is the best!

P.S. They give wonderful massages at the shampoo bowl and my cousin randomly got a haircut from another stylist and came out looking like Rihanna! True story.

P.P.S. She doesn't do relaxers which is understandable but I told her she better learn because she does great hair, so maybe things have changed.

Look at the results!!

For my naturals:
I did my big chop back in October 2010 and didn't get a trim until this pass April. I had waited so long because A. I'm picky about my hair B. I thought I didn't need one & C. I didn't know of anyone who would do it for a reasonable price. Well after a friends recommendation I went to:

Mesch Hair Studio: 11337 Moorpark Street, Studio City, California 91602, 818.761.5166

I set up a appointment with Marguerite and I was not disappointed. My hair was washed, moisturized and properly trimmed. All for a good price (I think I paid $35).

I hope this helps. If you have any recommendations (Girl who does cheap quick weaves at her house, Great natural stylist, etc) please post it in the comments box.





No comments:

Post a Comment